Thursday 30 August 2018

Creating Art?

I had a large 40" x 32" canvas that I had intended to use, but it sat in the garage for months and months. I decided upon a whim to use it.
I wanted to take into account the chance of creating a piece of art that would appeal locally and also use some of the experience gained so far from the education of the courses I have been studying!

I primed the canvas and mixed some acrylic and created a background, onward from that point I decided to go with Derwent Charcoal blocks! This canvas has been now living in our dining room for weeks and weeks, once finished I sealed....
...then decided I didn't like it, I reworked the building shapes and defined some more lines and added some harsher colouration, which got lost from the fixing. I re-fixed and now am pleased with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment