Friday 15 January 2016

I have been away from my own personal creativity for quite some time. I seem to spend time doing "stuff" and nothing ever comes to fruition. I have spend years not actually doing what I want to do, so hopefully and eventually I will end up doing what I am probably best at! 
Well, my first actual attempt is here, it is my friend's birthday and what better way then to send them a hand made card showing them what a cheapskate I am! I had a gift of all gifts given me this Christmas, an amazing book that depicts all that was Biba and great in depth information on Barbara Hulanicki and how it all began. I have always been a fan of the fashion illustrations that were born in the 1960's -70's (including the old Woolworths Ad's for Baby Doll products - these have influenced pages of sketchbooks in the past!!)



These were illustrations by Barbara in Vogue. If they were in today, they would still look fresh.

Card created using the images from the Vogue editorial. Spiking it up with some inks and acrylics.

Close up , the inks soft bled into the background in areas which I will say "meant" to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment